Friday, May 8, 2009

Your most valuable real estate spaces


Over the next few weeks, we are going to focus on cleaning and de-cluttering specific areas of your home.

I am a firm believer that certain areas of your home should be considered and treated as extremely "valuable real estate." Therefore, only the most valuable and useful items can afford to pay the premium to "live" there.

We are going to de-clutter and clean different spaces from top to bottom. It is after all spring! I will show you my methods for doing it fast and effectively. I can promise you that if you work with me, your spaces will be reclaimed with a crisp, fresh feel and you will want to show them off.

Challenge for today...get three boxes labeled (GARBAGE, KEEP, DONATE) ready for Monday!

Have a nice weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. As I am getting ready to face the daunting task of preparing to move, I decided to employ 2 of your tactics -setting a timer and making three piles. I knew that cleaning out my room would take longer than 30 minutes but I wasn't really in the mood to clean/organize/declutter. I set an alarm for 25 minutes and in that time got rid of 1 bag of garbage, have a nice new pile of clothing to donate and reorganized my closet.

    I think now just 6 or 7 more 30 minutes sessions and I'll be ready to move out of my room and goodwill should be well stocked. Thanks for the advice

    ReplyDelete
  2. alecia i am so excited to hear your advice!! i am in the process right now of decluttering my home. in fact i woke up early this morning to go get boxes to start sorting. i've been doing it all morning, but maybe i should have waited to hear your system, can't wait! i am so glad you are sharing all of your valuable knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. real cleaning for real women...great title, love it.

    ReplyDelete