Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Fridge

When you open your refrigerator door, do you imagine scary, Halloween songs and haunted laughter?...then it's time to clean the fridge! I have not mastered having a clean fridge, but I do LOVE a clean fridge. I remember one time my husband asking me what I was "growing" in some Tupperware that I had gotten lost on one of the shelves. That was as close to a family pet as I ever wanted to get.

My challenge to you today is to follow these 5 easy steps and clean your fridge. Make some time when you can have 15 minutes without distractions.

Step 1
Set your kitchen timer for 15 minutes...literally 15 minutes!

Step 2
Remove EVERYTHING.

Step 3
Quickly wipe down all class shelves and drawers with warm, soapy water.

Step 4
Throw away all expired and questionable food. (A fridge is no place for pets or new house plants.)

Step 5
Put everything back. Make each shelf and area have a theme ie: dressings, condiments, Tupperware & left over shelf, jellies and spreads, milk and liquids

SMILE! You did it in 15 minutes!! Now, show it off to someone...you deserve a little praise!

1 comment:

  1. If a fridge can be cleaned in 15 minutes, you have just come up with an award-winning solution to such a stressful endeavor. Too bad my roommate just cleaned our fridge or I would try it this weekend. Maybe I'll be brave and try it on mom's this summer

    ReplyDelete