Friday, April 17, 2009

Truck Stop Syndrome

I hate public bathrooms. I hate the stalls. I hate the smell. I hate how there is always shredded toilet paper all over the place. I try not to touch anything with my hands and I have gotten pretty good at using my feet for flushing, opening doors, etc.

Now that I am a mom and have two young boys and one with a pretty curvy aim if you know what I mean, I sometimes wonder if people would have the same reaction to one of my bathrooms. Shredded toilet paper. Un-flushed toilets. Over-spray. Drip marks. All of these seem to be daily occurances in my home. And there is a problem--I love clean bathrooms, but I hate taking the time to clean a bathroom.


So in order to eliminate what I kindly refer to as "Truck Stop Syndrome," I have found a solution that I hope to continue for years to come. The solution? I clean the bathroom at least once a day by cleaning it after I use it. I keep a simple bathroom cleaner spray (I like Fantastik Antibacterial), basic baby wipes, and window cleaner under each bathroom sink and a toilet brush next to each toilet. Before I leave the room, I spray down all the surfaces including the whole toilet and scrub it with a wet wipe. Lastly, I spray the toilet bowl and scrub it with the toilet brush. When necessary, I clean the mirror with window cleaner. Total time? No more than 3 minutes.


My challenge to you today is to clean your bathroom after you use it. It is not necessary to invest in expensive gadgets and cleaners. Just the basics will be adequate. Give it a try and you will see that "Truck Stop Syndrome" will never have a place in your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment